Monday, February 11, 2013

Get to know me: Sunshine Blog Award edition

Life has been CRAZY busy lately. Everyday I think, "oh, tomorrow I will be less busy - I'll have more time for x, y, and z." But it never happens that way. Life just continues to get busier and busier. I am so behind on comments and posting so I apologize.

The fashion show was on Saturday and it was amazing. I will post about it in detail on aBree Original eventually - not sure when. This week is full of tests and papers/wedding planning/catching up/etc.

Here is my collection! All pieces (except for my navy shirt) are made and designed by me: aBree Original.



Sweet Jenna nominated me for the sunshine blog award last week and sadly I am just now getting around to it. I didn't even get time to do my weekly "get to know me" post - no one left me any questions to answer so I thought I'd answer these from the award! If you have any questions or things you'd like to know about me be sure to comment so that next week I can answer them!

Thanks Jenna! 


Q&A
Who is your favorite philosopher? The definition of a philosopher is: a person who offers views or theories on profound questions in ethics, metaphysics, logic, and other related fields, so I will go with my Savior Jesus Christ.
What is your favorite number? 8 - always had been since Junior High
What is your favorite animal? - Don't hate me... I'm not an animal person. I always answered this question growing up with, Monkey. I guess since I was a gymnast growing up I related to them... or something. I used to collect monkey stuffed animals - like tons of them! I still have a huge black monkey stuffed animal in my room. And I'm almost 23. I guess I will save it for my children. 
What is your favorite time of day? - When I get to sleep. Or cuddling with Taylor and relaxing since it doesn't get too happen often.
What do you prefer, Facebook or Twitter? - I don't have a twitter, it got popular after high school and I never caught on since none of my close friends really use it. My sister LOVES twitter though. I'm not huge into facebook either, I only got one when I moved to NYC in 2009 to keep in touch. I mostly just use it for Marketing. So I'll go with blogs.
What is your favorite holiday(s)? - Thanksgiving, Easter, Christmas. In that order. I think we as people aren't grateful enough so I love Thanksgiving because it gives everyone a reason to reflect on what they have. Easter is special because of it's meaning. Celebrating Christ with out all the gifts and hallmark of Christmas. Plus who doesn't love finding eggs filled with candy - genius! And Christmas is just a beautiful time. My family really focuses on big family meals at each of these holidays followed by games and just being together and I love that time with them.
What is your favorite physical activity? - Pilates, yoga, dance, and weight lifting. Anything but cardio/running. I will get certified in Pilates if it is the last thing I do - I am in love with it. Yoga is nice for meditating and relaxing. Dance was my love in high school - sad that it is so much harder to find places to take class once you grow up. I still get to be around it everyday since I teach the beginning and intermediate levels here at BYU. And I love lifting weights. I love muscles. Mostly ab and bicep. That is what I focus on.
What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? - Water. I don't drink alcohol. Or coffee. Or really caffeine, carbonated beverages, and sugar filled things. Basically everyday I drink hot water with lemon and honey. A green smoothie. And a couple bottles of water.
What is your passion? - Designing. Weddings. Fashion. -Plain and simple
What is your favorite flower? - Anything my sweet fiance gets me. He is good at gifts - flowers and jewelry. I just like beautiful things.


You can't see but there is not one, but two bouquets here. A bright floral mixture of pinks and purples, and a dozen red roses. Is he not amazing? I am so spoiled. He just keeps reminding me that he is a proud fiance - such a sweetheart, I got so lucky with this one!


I was also featured on Plane Pretty for the Sunday Style Linky Party. Be sure to check out Jenny and her cute blog! It is the perfect way to find new bloggers and friends!

Remember to comment if there is anything you'd like to know about me!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment